A perfect dressage arena and yard facility for your horse riding training and clinics -uniquely offering on-site accommodation.
Our hope is for our guests to enjoy a
unique, no fuss farm-stay experience!
This cluster of pavilion-style buildings, nestled into bushland on the Central Coast blends seamlessly into its surroundings, offering deluxe on-site bed and breakfast style accommodation.
A stand-alone clubhouse with dining, kitchen and BBQ facility is closely aligned to a series of 4 sleeping cabins.Sleeps total of 12 people. Each cabin has a breezy and open yet private feel, maximising the views. These modular dwellings are perfectly at home in their bush surrounds.
The floor plans are simplified to a single large bedroom able to sleep two or three, by using a converting daybed, with tea making facilities and wardrobe storage area off a spacious bathroom. The interior design of the sleeping pods exemplifies an easy living approach and allows guests to feel a little pampered after a hard day’s riding or visiting the local area.
A fully covered dressage arena / includes Camp kitchen, tea and coffee, deck and dining seating, toilet:
- $200 plus GST per day (9.00am-5.00pm).
- or $150 half day (4 hours)
- or $25 per hour per rider maximum of 3 riders.
- 8 good sized yards @$25 per day (or part thereof)
- 3 Day yards
- 2 stables
- Wash bay area
- Round yard
- Large cleared paddock available for Practice & Cross country jumping area hired for $25 per day * Camping @$35 per night
- 4 cabins that sleep up to 3 people each @$200 per night per cabin.(Total of 12 people to stay) Each cabin has a hardwood deck and entry surround as well as a rainwater tank, giving the cabins an appealing “raw Australian Country” aesthetic.
Each cabin has a hardwood deck and entry surround as well as a rainwater tank, giving the cabins an appealing “raw Australian Country” aesthetic.
Clinic Accommodation Rates
All-weather arena and club house with toilet and kitchen (BBQ facility) – $200 per day inc GST.
$200 per night with a $50 cleaning fee (per cabin) Reservations for overnight stays in cabins are to be booked up to a week before the clinic date, directly with Somersby Paddock by full deposit in to the account -details below.
CAMPING $25 per night
$25 per day per horse. Max. of 2 horses per yard @ $40 per day. Please pick up all manure and leave yards clean (or you will be charged a $30 cleaning fee). Bring your own horse feed bins and feed. Water troughs will be provided in each yard.
Hourly use of arena available @ $25 per rider. Please ring the day before to book a time.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
- All cabins are airconditioned.
- There is no WIFI available.
- Large communal flat screen with HTMI connectivity and DVD player.
- Food not provided. A fully equipped kitchen/clubhouse cabin is ready to use and provides a table and seating, all utensils, a small fridge and freezer, oven, stove top , microwave and BBQ. Complementary tea making facilities provided in each cabin.
- Tank and Envirocycle system only, so please only use our courtesy toiletries and cleansers provided.
- You will need to bring your own towels and sheets
(King single or larger size will fit beds). All blankets, doonas and pillows are supplied. (Sheets and towels can be supplied at an extra cost)
CONDITIONS OF FACILITIES
- No dogs. (sorry!) Dogs are strictly not permitted unless special permission has been sort with the property owners.
- Check in any time between 9.00am. -5.00pm unless by prior negotiation.
- All deposits are refundable up to 14 days prior to booking.
- No smoking in cabins. Only permissible on outside decks. Please be sensitive to the fire risks in a bush setting.
Conditions of Entry
Exclusion of Liability
You, as a person attending the property for any reason, and/or using the facilities at 161-165 Grants Road, Somersby, New South Wales whether to spectate, ride at a clinic organised by another person, or otherwise, acknowledge and agree as follows –
- Equestrian activities are dangerous and can cause personal injury, including death and can cause damage to property.
- Where attendance to 161-165 Grants Road, Somersby, NSW (The Somersby Paddock) involves contact with a horse, particularly riding, I agree to follow the instructions of the Owner or delegate of the Owner of The Somersby Paddock (Jacky and John McDougall) (the Owner) concerning use of the facilities and to use any safety equipment including a helmet and riding boots, in accordance with the Australian Standards or as recommended from time to time by Equestrian Australia, or similar organisation in existence at the time.
- I acknowledge and agree that, (so far as is permitted by law) entry to The Somersby Paddock and participation in any clinic or other event, whether involving horses or otherwise, is permitted only on the basis that neither the Owner nor the organiser nor instructor of any event at The Somersby Paddock will be liable to me for any injury or loss cost damage or expense (Loss) suff ered or incurred by me while at The Somersby Paddock and whether such Loss is suff ered directly or indirectly by me or from breach of contract, negligence or otherwise.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Owner, the organiser and instuctor of anyevent at The Somersby Paddock against any Loss they or any of them incur from a claim against either of them by a third party arising out of my conduct at The Somersby Paddock during any Clinic or other activity and whether such claim arises out of my negligence or otherwise.
Account Name: Somersby Paddock
BSB: 082-574 | Account Number: 74-621-0151